FDM printers are very popular because they are starting at a very low price point and convenient for the new enthusiast to work on their skills. There are more than plenty to consider based on which seems to work best in your application or what type of machine that you want to have such as the Creality CR 6 SE Vs Ender 3 Pro. These upgraded machines are very reliable but different so let’s see what they can offer below.
In this comparison, we are going to talk about:
- How to Improve 3D Printing
- What are Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro
- How are the Machine of Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro
- How are the Capacity of Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro
- How are the Building Bed of Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro
- How are the Extruder in Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro
- What else Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro can offer
- Creality CR 6 SE Vs Ender 3 Pro
FDM 3D Printers
There are so many new techs that are waiting for you to discover and try. Of course not all of us will be checking everything everytime but 3D printing is a ready to use tech that is also widely available and getting more affordable for the wider range of enthusiasts to utilize. The main benefit is that we can make products or prototyping at home. The material is easy to find and endless communities will help you when facing some issues or just recommending the correct method and machines.
For the FDM printer which is also the most popular, we need to pay attention to lots of things in order to make the printing successful. If this is your first machine, let’s pay attention to the basic steps to improve the printing quality.
- Bed levelling is crucial because this is the fundamental of getting the printing correctly. We may set it too high or too close to the base sometimes that messes up the first layers so make sure that the bed is completely level and the nozzle is set at the optimal distance above the bed or Z offset. Usually we can level it with a help from a sheet of paper to determine the distance between the bed and nozzle from several points across the bed.
- As we all know, the printer needs to heat the filament to melt and deposit it. Do check the temperature of the nozzle because when it is too hot the material could string and not cleanly separate each part. If you are printing a tall object, also include a one-centimeter cube on the opposite side of the build plate to remove the hot nozzle from the print between layers and also give it time to cool down.
- Our model is printed above the building surface and in most cases you can upgrade or easily swap them with the material that you want. Different build plates will also cause different textures on the bottom of the print. Typically, bed materials such as glass, PEI, or Kapton tape will give you a very smooth surface.
- In addition, just like most machines and equipment, your 3D printer will need maintenance and care from time to time. The more features you have on the machine the more parts that we need to pay attention to. Sometimes it can be as small as keeping the bed clean and regularly calibrating the extruder or lubricating the required parts but sometimes it can be about mods as well in order to achieve the level of printing that you want.
|Creality CR 6 SE||Ender 3 Pro|
|Product Dimensions||19.69 x 20.47 x 10.43 inches||20.87 x 14.96 x 7.87 inches|
|Shipping Weight||27.4 Pounds||18.52 Pounds|
|Best offer||Check price||Check price|
About Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro
Now when you are ready to get the best machine that you want to have, it is time to see what the market has to offer. There are so many of them so it can be quite confusing but, it is best to consider what type of features, what the styling of the machine is, build quality, or even the budget. If you can spend the amount, we do think getting one that comes with improvements will be a wise decision because we are getting a better machine in general.
When it comes to 3D printers there will be several names that come to our mind but Creality is always one of the best to go for. This brand is very popular with their affordable machine Ender 3 but they actually offer so many good options as well that are better if you don’t want to consider upgrading right after the test print. They are not going to be as affordable as the Ender 3 but you will love them for the upgrades included.
If you want a machine that is upgraded from the Ender 3 but somehow still in the affordable range, the Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro are two promising options to consider. Both of them are not similar at all, besides the fact that they are coming with small-moderate build volume. While similarly based on the Ender 3, the CR 6 SE is more improved and probably stands as a machine on its own while it is easy to see the similarity between Ender 3 Pro and its original variant.
We do think it will be easy to choose between the Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro because if you want a machine that require less or probably no upgrade then the CR 6 SE will be the choice but if you only need a basic machine that is reliable but simpler and if you will want to tweak it further later, the Ender 3 Pro is the more ideal choice as it is cheaper so we can save some for buying for the required parts later.
Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro Design
What we love the most from Cartesian machines is their ease of setup. These machines will come in kit but they are not in small parts. Chances are you will only need to connect the frame to the main base because usually the building bed is already attached. The noticeable upgrade of Ender 3 Pro from the original variant is the build quality because this machine now has the wider 40×40 aluminum extrusion for the Y-axis base for better stability.
This machine is also improved on the bearing wheels to now have better stiffness to reduce friction and better dimensional ability. On the base there are some rubber feet as well to help absorb the noise. Side by side, these machines are about the same in size comparison but as you can see, the CR 6 SE comes with a new control panel as well as a handle at the top which can be removed too if you don’t need it. Read also: Creality CR 6 SE vs Ender 3 V2.
Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro Capacity
Moving further, let’s see what the Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro can offer starting from their capacity because this is a crucial part to decide which machine will match the application. In this part both printers are very similar to the original Ender 3 so they are more moderate too at 235 x 235 x 250 mm compared to 220 x 220 x 250 mm. It seems that there is Ender Extender as well that you can opt to increase the build volume for some of the Ender machines.
Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro Building Bed
Next let’s see the building bed of these printers because they are also different. The Ender 3 Pro is different from the original machine because it is using a magnetic bed so if you want to do this upgrade on the former machine, this one already comes with the equipment. It is easy to remove and flexible to allow you to remove the printed object conveniently. It is textured to help the first layer stick to the base as it prints the next layers.
On the other hand CR 6 SE comes with a tempered glass bed or carborundum glass plate. This is Creality’s version of Anycubic Ultrabase and is working really well too in improving the adhesion of various materials during the testing while being easy to remove when the printed object is cooled down.
Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro Extruder
Next let’s see the extruder of Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro because they are also different and CR 6 SE is very unique here because not only it has an enclosed styling of the extruder itself but also the mechanism. It comes with an extruder that uses a lever action to tension the filament when it is fed against the driving gear. It is not dual toothed gear feed but still does the job. On the other hand the latter use the more standard Bowden style extruder with plastic housing.
Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro Features
Lastly we also want to mention the features that you will get in Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro but in comparison the CR 6 SE will be the more convenient one here. This machine is coming with a touch screen which is comfy even for those with big hands. It also comes with filament runout sensor and the most convenient automatic bed levelling. Remember that bed leveling is crucial in the printing process so having it automated is just a breeze to the experience.
Creality CR 6 SE vs Ender 3 Pro
Both Creality CR 6 SE and Ender 3 Pro are good machines but with their own charms. Ender 3 Pro with its pretty low price point and CR 6 SE with its collection of upgrades. It is easy to tell that CR 6 SE will give a better experience but it is also more expensive. This machine overall has better features and more convenience as well as easy to use.
The choice is all yours based on which of them will sit best on the application. Personally if you can spend the budget we will recommend the CR 6 SE but if you plan to upgrade the machine later with various mods, Ender 3 Pro is the cost saving option.